Oh how I love southwest food!
Smashed Bean Vegan Taco SaladCourse: Main
Easy refried beans are smashed pinto beans full of southwest seasonings!
1 cup cooked pinto beans
1/4 of a jalapeño finely diced
1/4 cup of finely diced sweet onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp of chili powder
pinch of red pepper
1/2 of a small head of broccoli
1/2 of a chopped jalapeno
3 small sweet peppers (orange, yellow, red)
chopped variety of onion slices (red, sweet, white)
1 minced garlic clove
1 adobe pepper in sauce chopped (about 1 tsp of sauce)
1 tsp oil
1 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp each of salt, garlic, cumin, chili powder
1/8 of pepper
- Smashed Beans
- If using canned beans, drain and rinse.
- In small saucepan water sauté your jalapeño and onion 3 – 5 minutes. At the end of sauté time, add garlic.
- Add your beans to pan and smash them with potato masher.
- If this mixture seems dry add a little bit of water or veggie broth. Add in spices, stir well, then remove from stove.
- Grilled Southwest Veggies
- Chop all veggies. Add to bowl or large baggie. Add wet and dry spices. Shake bag or stir well.
- Grill in grill pan over high heat until done, stir frequently (20 – 30 minutes)
- Add all ingredients to salad bowl with fresh salad greens and your choice of toppings! Salsa, guac, vegan sour cream or cheese.