Smokey Black Bean Beet BurgerCourse: Main
Flavorful veggie burger load with black beans and beets.
1 – 8 oz package steamed baby beets*
1 -15.5 oz can black beans, no salt added
1 – small white onion
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup parsley
1 Tblsp lime juice
2 garlic cloves
1 t. salt
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. smoked paprika
1/4 t. red pepper
1/4 t. black pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs**
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Drain baby beets from the liquid they are packaged in. Drain and rinse black beans. Slice into chunks your white onion. Add all to your food processor. Add remaining ingredients except breadcrumbs. Pulse until mixture is combined. You don’t want a puree but you do want all pieces to be combined and not chunky.
- Transfer mixture to bowl. Stir in breadcrumbs.
- Shape mixture into patties (I made 7) and place on baking pan.
Bake for 30 minutes. Iff you want additional ‘crisp’ – after they are done in oven crisp them up on your stovetop in a medium sized skillet.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, avocado or guacamole! Eat in a bowl or on a bun.
- *I used Melissa’s produce brand -this brand is stocked in my local grocery refrigerated produce section. Love Beets brand would also work. Or you could steam your own and use them. I recommend steaming them as they will have more moisture.
- **I usedGlutino Breadcrumbs; sub with your favorite brand!