This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure here.
I have never been to a spa…I am not talking about the hair salon and spa experience – that I have done, complete with massage, pedicure that whole works. I mean a ‘spa’. Like the one where you might see the heroine of a movie or novel go to – a retreat filled with yummy wholesome food, long walks, treatments and yoga classes. Doesn’t that sound fab? Someday…maybe…If I can stomach the price tag. (LOL) But this spa salad with beets, avocado and raspberry balsamic vinaigrette, it makes it feel like I am at a spa from the comfort of my home!
Why Spa Salad?
You will love this salad that is full of roasted beets, fresh spinach, red quinoa and avocado slices. And don’t forget about the pistachios. Because that is what makes this salad sing! Seriously, pistachios are the unsung hero of nuts. They are these little gems that when added to dishes, make them super extra tasty.
How to Make Spa Salad
Really it is easy! With a little meal prep and planning, this salad can be put together quickly on a weeknight. Add some roasted tofu or another protein of choice and you could make this a complete meal.
To make this ahead of time, wash and rinse your quinoa and cook according to package directions. Wash and roast our beets. Make your dressing. Dice your green onion and any other vegetables you want in your spa salad. Store all these in your refrigerator! I do not recommend pre-slicing your avocado as it will turn brown.
When I originally created this recipe, Pompeian made a raspberry infused balsamic vinegar! I can only find this on Amazon now. No worries, you can make your own infused vinegar with raspberry concentrate and balsamic vinegar. Just add a few drops of raspberry concentrate to balsamic vinegar you you have infused vinegar!
You could also substitute your favorite store bought Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing! I have not tested the recipe this way, but this could save you time in the kitchen making a homemade dressing. Some possible options include Wishbone and Girards. You could also use Pompeian Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar – it won’t have quite the depth of a balsamic but would be a great taste!
There are multiple ways to make this salad your own! We would love to know how you make it. Tag @badtothebowl on social media so we can see!
Spa Salad with Beets, Avocado and Raspberry Balsamic VinaigretteCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A salad that will make you feel like you are at the spa while at home!
- Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
5 Tblsp Olive Oil
3 Tblsp Raspberry Infused Balsamic Vinegar **
4 tsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp minced red onion
1/4 tsp poppy seeds
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 Small Beets Roasted
2 – 3 Chopped Green onion (green parts only)
1/4 of a ripe avocado, sliced
Red Quinoa, Cooked
- Blend first four ingredients together in blender. Pour into salad jar, add remaining ingredients and shake well to mix.
- Wash beets and cut ends off. Wrap in foil loosely. Roast beets at 425 for 45 minutes or until soft when pierced with a fork.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of rinsed red quinoa with 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 tsp vegetable bullion. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Toss spinach in large bowl. Add sliced beets, cooked quinoa, chopped green onion, pistachios and cranberries (use your discretion on how many you like, I added just a few for some crunch and sweetness).
- Please see notes in post about substitutions since Pompeian no longer makes a raspberry infused balsamic vinegar!