So life got busy – does this seem to be the theme of every blog I write? Maybe that means I need to slow down! Someday. But in the meantime, quick sauces like this Spicy Tahini Garlic Sauce become go to favorites for making my plant based bowls shine.
This Spicy Tahini Garlic Sauce
Let’s Talk This Spicy Tahini Garlic Sauce, because it is easy to make and perfect for topping roasted vegetables or a fresh salad bowl! It would be great to toss your crispy tofu in as well.
How to Make This Easy Vegan Sauce
It is super simple! You will need to start with already having hummus on hand. This will need to be an original humyus. We love to use our Healthy Oil Free Hummus recipe but use whatever brand ou have in your fridge!
You will need to whisk that in a small bowl with water, liquid aminos, chili garlic sauce and white miso paste.
Here are the brands I used in this recipe:
White miso paste is a fermented soybean product that adds a depth of flavor to this easy vegan sauce recipe! Use leftover miso paste in Thai Salad with Miso Peanut Dressing or Asian Grilled Vegetables with Miso Vinaigrette
What Can I do with Leftover Spicy Tahini Garlic Sauce?
You can freeze it! Yes, if you have a little leftover and you don’t plan to use it within a few a days, freeze it for later. I love to use small 4 oz or smaller freezer safe containers for leftover sauces and dressings. This makes it easy to just grab and use later! Just be sure to label the container, so you know what it is later!
Spicy Tahini Garlic SauceCourse: sauce
Easy sauce uses oil free hummus, miso and chili garlic sauce!
- Place all ingredients except water in small bowl. Slowly add water a little at a time, whisking well after each addition of water. Whisk until smooth.
- Use as a vegetable or tofu sauce. Also works as a thick salad dressing.
I like to use it top fresh spinach, roasted vegetables and roasted chickpeas.
- Store in refrigerator up to 5 days. Freezer for longer use.
- Use your favorite hummus or our Oil free hummus as your start for this recipe!
- Can be frozen to use later! I like to freeze in small amounts, perfect size for a bowl.