This creamy, dairy free strawberry and cream dessert with a cocoa pecan crunch is the perfect Valentine’s day dessert to share with your loved one!
Ingredients in Strawberry and Cream Dessert
This delicious raw vegan dessert is very easy to make! All you need is a blender and a bowl to make this creamy dairy free dessert.
I love the pink color of this vegan dessert, which makes it perfect for Valentine’s Day. Silken tofu makes the base for this dessert. I love to use silken tofu as a substitute for creamy desserts as it is a great replacement for heavy cream or any other type of cream cheese in vegan desserts. It’s light and fluffy and as a bonus it is also lower in fat, cholesterol and contains protein!
You will need to use silken tofu for this recipe. DO NOT use firm or extra firm tofu. They will produce vastly different results that will be chunky not smooth and creamy.
For this recipe you will need:
- Silken Tofu
- Frozen Strawberries
- Maple Syrup
- Lemon Juice
- Pure Almond Extract
- Gluten Free Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned)
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Dates
The ingredient list is very simple for this vegan dessert which means you have more time to cuddle with your loved one!
How to Make this Raw Vegan Dessert
You will only need a blender and a bowl to make this easy dessert! I don’t even use a high powered blender, a simple blender will do just fine!
Put all ingredients for the strawberry cream part of this plant based dessert into the blender and blend until combined.
Next, make your gluten free cocoa oat pecan topping. Mix all ingredients for this delicious topping together in a bowl. If your baking dates have been stored in the refrigerator, you may want to soften them in the microwave for a few minutes before mixing in with your oat mixture.
You are ready to layer your dessert in a cup or bowl to eat immediately!
Frequently Asked Questions about this Vegan Dessert
If you have never used silken tofu in a dessert recipe you may have some questions!
- Why use silken tofu vs firm tofu for this recipe?
Silken tofu works well in creamy and blended foods like smoothies, desserts, puddings, salad dressings, sauces, and dips. Firm tofu will not blend the same.
- What else can I make with soft silken tofu?
You can make sour cream and even our Chocolate Peanut Butter kissed pie with soft tofu!
- Are soft and silken tofu the same?
Yes, these names are interchangeable when a recipe asks for silken or soft tofu.
- Is it safe to eat silken tofu raw?
Yes, I would drain any excess water from packaging before using though.
- Is tofu healthy?
Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all nine essential amino acids. It is lower in fat, dairy free, gluten free making this a great food to add to a plant based diet.
- How should I store leftovers of this creamy vegan dessert?
This recipes makes a generous size of two portions. You can store leftovers in the refrigerator, the pecans and oats will get softer as they are stored.
If you make this Vegan Valentine’s Dessert with Strawberries and Silk Tofu we would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Strawberry and Cream Dessert with Cocoa Pecan Crunch
Strawberries and Cream
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (about 10 large strawberries)
- 3 Tblsp maple syrup
- 1 Tblsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
Cacao Pecan Crunch
- 1/4 cup gluten free old fashioned OR quick oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tblsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tblsp baking date paste
- 1/2 Tblsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- In blender, blend tofu, strawberries, maple syrup, lemon juice, extract and salt until smooth
- In small food processor, combine your oats, pecans, cacao powder, date paste, maple syrup, salt and cinnamon. Process until well combined. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Alternately layer your strawberry mixture and cacao pecan crunch mixtures into two glasses, sundae jars or parfait cups.
- This dessert is best ate right away. It can be store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, oats and pecan will became soften as it sits.