Have you noticed I am somewhat obsessed with cashews?
Strawberry Cashew Butter Oat Bars
Naturally sweetened with strawberries, applesauce and protein added with cashew butter!
2 cups old fashioned gluten free rolled oats*
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/4 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup + 1 Tblsp unsweetened natural applesauce**
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 – 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I used 1/2 tsp but if you want less of a cinnamon flavor used 1/4)
- Place strawberries in blender and puree, set aside.
- Mash banana in large bowl. Stir in cashew butter and applesauce until well mixed. Stir in oats, salt and cinnamon. Fold in strawberry puree. This next step is important! Let sit for 10 minutes while your oven preheats to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray. After your oat mix has ‘rested’, place in prepared pan and smooth out to the edges. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator.
- *you can use non gluten-free if that works for you.
- **I like to use the individual cup size – perfect amount!