Homemade strawberry ice cream sandwiches are easy to make with only a few simple ingredients including graham crackers, fresh strawberries, dairy free yogurt and non dairy whipped topping! They are a sweet treat that you will be making all summer long.
A classic ice cream sandwich is a favorite summertime treat and these strawberry ice cream sandwiches are a twist on the classic made with graham crackers and diced strawberries! They are the perfect no-bake frozen dessert.
They are special treat that is perfect for warmer days! Instead of ice cream, they use a yogurt and whipping topping filling and then are sandwiches between two graham crackers. They are both dairy free and gluten-free!
They are so versatile as well! Swap out the plain yogurt for flavor, use a different berry or even a cookies to create your own version of this frozen dessert. You may also love this strawberry and cream dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: With only 6 ingredients this strawberry ice ream sandwich recipe is so simple to make in a few easy steps!
- Allergy friendly: A healthier ice cream sandwich made with both dairy free and gluten-free ingredients means everyone can enjoy this frozen treat.
- Customizable: Use a different berry or your favorite flavor of yogurt for a new ice cream sandwich every time you make it!
- Fun summer treat: Nothing is better in the summer than a frozen treat to beat the heat and these should definitely be included in your mix of frozen vegan ice cream treats!
Ingredients and Notes
- Yogurt: I used non-dairy plain yogurt, but use whatever flavor or yogurt that you prefer.
- Whipping topping: I used coconut whipped toping, but my daughter prefers TruWhip.
- Strawberries: Fresh or frozen diced into small pieces.
- Vanilla extract: To add additional flavor.
- Sweetener: Use honey or agave syrup for additional sweet taste.
- Graham crackers: I used gluten-free graham crackers, but use your favorite.
Strawberries are just one variation you could use in these graham cracker ice cream sandwiches! Try some of these other fruit and yogurt combinations to mix it up.
- Blueberries and lemon yogurt
- Peaches and vanilla yogurt
- Blackberries and coconut yogurt
- Raspberries and key lime yogurt
- Cherries and plain yogurt
- Mangos and coconut yogurt
How to Make Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
These graham cracker ice cream sandwiches are so simple to make, just combine, freeze and enjoy!
- Prep baking dish: Line a casserole or baking dish with parchment paper and place half the graham crackers on the bottom of the lined dish
- Strawberry mixture: Add yogurt, diced strawberries, vanilla extract, and sweetener if using in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Whipped topping: Fold in thawed dairy free whipped topping until mixed well. Set it aside.
- Spread yogurt mixture: Spread yogurt mixture evenly over graham crackers and top with remaining graham crackers.
- Freeze ice cream sandwiches: Freeze your graham cracker ice cream sandwiches for 4 to 6 hours. Remove from the freezer and cut into squares.
- Serve: Let sit for a few minutes at room temperature to soften slightly before serving.
- Fresh or frozen berries can be used: Use either fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries just be sure to dice them small.
- Even more strawberry flavor: Combine up to 1/2 cup of your favorite strawberry jam with the diced strawberries before stirring into the yogurt.
- Thawed whipped topping: Thaw your whipped topping before using in these strawberry ice cream sandwiches.
- Yogurt: Use a flavored non-dairy yogurt of choice if you would prefer. Even dairy-free Greek yogurt could be used.
- Base: Instead of graham crackers, you could use your favorite cookie. Just use the yogurt mixture to scoop on top of one cookie, top with another cookie and sandwich together.
- Dipped: Before serving, feel free to dip your sandwiches into melted chocolate!
- Ice cream toppings: After cutting your homemade ice cream sandwiches into squares, roll the sides in mini chocolate chips, crushed nuts, rainbow sprinkles, toasted coconut or any other favorite ice cream topping.
Store these strawberry graham cracker ice cream sandwiches in an airtight container or freezer safe bag at the back the freezer for a couple of weeks. If you prefer, you can wrap them individually for a quick treat.
You can store these strawberry ice cream sandwiches in the freezer up to a few weeks.
Frozen whipping topping has a similar frozen texture to ice cream and combined with yogurt makes it even creamier. In combination it becomes a soft and scoopable ice cream like-dessert that is perfect for the graham cracker ice cream sandwiches.
More Summer Desserts
- Chocolate Pudding Ice Cream
- Vegan Oreo Milkshake
- Dairy Free Matcha Chip Ice Cream
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Vegan Ice Cream
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cups plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups coconut whipped topping , thawed
- 1 cup strawberries , diced
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 graham crackers , gluten-free if needed
- Line a 8 inch casserole or baking dish with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Add yogurt, diced strawberries, vanilla extract, and honey in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in coconut whipped topping until mixed well. Set it aside.
- Place half the graham crackers on the bottom of the lined dish. Spread yogurt mixture evenly over graham crackers and top with remaining graham crackers.
- Freeze for 4 to 6 hours. Remove from the freezer and cut into squares.
- Let sit for a few minutes at room temperature to soften slightly before serving.
- You can use your favorite non-dairy whipped topping of choice.
- Sweeter: Add 1/2 – 1 Tablespoon honey (not vegan) or agave nectar.