Funny story, this recipe was inspired by my trip to Taco Bell. I know what you are thinking…Taco Bell? Yes, Taco Bell. Did you know Taco Bell has tons of vegan options?! You have the option to sub meat with beans. So delicious!
We would love to know if you make this! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Stuffed Taco Peppers
- 2 peppers
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1/2 cup veggies of choice (broccoli, carrots, zucchini – sky’s the limit!
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 TBSP of ground cumin
- 2.5 TBSP of chili powder
- 2 TBSP of oregano
- 1.5 TSP of cayenne
- 2 TBSP of paprika
- 1 TBSP of garlic powder
- Set oven to 375 degrees. Clean peppers and cut top off, take out seeds.
- Place peppers in oven.
- While peppers are cooking rinsed and drained black beans and place on a skillet
- Add in cumin, chili powder, oregano, cayenne, paprika and garlic powder.
- Add a small amount of water and set on medium heat, stir and mix frequently.
- Prepare veggies as needed
- Assembly: let peppers cool off then add in rice, layer with veggies and beans. Top with rice, veggies & beans with lettuce and then finish it off with salsa.