- Lower Carbs
- Flavorful Filling
Sun-Dried Artichoke Spaghetti SquashCourse: Main
Less carbs, full of flavor and healthy spaghetti squash is your new weeknight favorite!
1 small spaghetti squash
1 – 14 oz. can artichoke hearts
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1/3 cup cooked chickpeas
1/3 cup julienned sun – dried tomatoes
1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp garlic salt
2 1/2 – 3 tsp dried basil
pinch of pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti squash. My preferred method is to roast it whole. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put the whole spaghetti squash in shallow dish or on roasting pan. Cook in oven for 30 – 45 minutes. I usually check on it after 30 minutes and do a fork test, i.e. take a fork and try to pierce the skin. IF it pierces through, it is done! If it is just soft, I usually then rotate the squash so the bottom part is now on the top. After your squash is done, let cool until you can safely, cut ends off, cut in half and scoop seeds and pulp out. Once you have scooped the pulp and seeds, take a fork and easily remove the spaghetti strands. Put these in a bowl and set aside.
- Sauté your onion and garlic in large skillet on stovetop. If it starts to burn, add a little water.
- Add your artichokes and spaghetti squash and mix well with onion and garlic.
- Add chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, salt and peppers. Mix well.
- Add spaghetti sauce, mix well. Then add fresh spinach and stir together all ingredients until spinach is wilted.
- Place finished dish in a bowl, top with avocado!