This sunflower butter hummus is made with SunButter instead of tahini that gives it a ‘nutty’ taste perfect for dipping veggies or even using as a salad dressing!
Ingredients in Sunflower Butter Hummus
I don’t have anything against tahini, in fact I love it! As you can see from our numerous tahini based hummus recipes on the site. Oil free original hummus, roasted red pepper hummus, dill cucumber hummus and sun dried tomato hummus – our family loves hummus!
But I wanted something different and had this jar of SunButter spread leftover from our Apple Oat SunButter slices that was calling from the cupboard for me to use it. Woo-la, sunflower butter hummus!
This easy tahini free dip comes together very quickly in the blender with only a few ingredients:
- Lemon Juice
- Smoked Paprika
And to make it oil free, we used the same method we use in our creamy hummus recipes – use aquafaba instead of oil!
How to Make Oil Free Tahini Free Hummus
This hummus dip could not be easier to make! Only a few ingredients and a whirl of the blender and you have a tasty dip.
To keep this oil free, when you are draining your garbanzo beans, reserve 1/3 cup of the aquafaba (the chickpea juice from the can). If you forget, don’t worry! You can use water or even oil if you are not avoiding oil.
How to Serve & Store SunButter Hummus
My favorite way to use this SunButter hummus is actually as a salad dressing! I thin it with a little bit of water, mix it in really well with my salad greens and we have a tasty oil free salad!
Other ways of course include using it was a vegetable or chip dip.
This dressing will store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, or you can freeze it in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
If you make this Sunflower butter hummus, I would love it know! Tag @badtothebowl.com on social media.
Sunflower Butter Hummus
- 1 can no salt added garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 Tblsp creamy sunflower butter
- ⅓ cup aquafaba
- 2 clove garlic (or 1 tsp minced)
- 3 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Drain chickpeas, reserving aquafaba liquid from the can.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Serve immediately with crackers, tortilla chips or raw vegetables. I even love to use it for a salad dressing!
- Store leftovers up to 4-5 days in refrigerator. Can also be frozen, thawed and used (use within 2 days of thawing.)