Something sweet? Something salty? How about a little of both in this vegan bowl.
Plant Based Bowl Ideas
Whether you call it a vegan bowl, buddha bowl or something else, a bowl full of vegetables, greens, carbs and vegan protein both look great and taste amazing.
We love to fill our plant based meals with greens, grains, and beans and a healthy bowl fits that type of eating perfectly! While this recipe is just one suggestion for a macro bowl, we have plenty of more ideas on the blog such as:
Vegan Bowl Essentials
Chickpeas roasted with a little sweetness, salted kale and a touch of avocado to pull it all together. This simple buddha style bowl will dance on all your taste buds.
You will need:
It really is that easy! Grains, greens and beans make a simple yet satisfying meal every time.
If you make this, tag @badtothebowl on social media!
Sweet and Salty Vegan Bowl
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 small bunch of kale, destemed
- 1 Sweet Potato, sliced
- Half of an Avocado, sliced
- ½ TBS of Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp of Olive Oil
- 1-1 ½ tsp of salt
- Since the sweet potatoes will take the longest to cook, it’s smart to start by throwing them in the oven. Cut the potatoes into chips and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until they are slightly brown and tender.
- While the sweet potato’s are baking, prepare your brown rice.
- While you are waiting for the sweet potato and rice to be finished, pull the leaves off your stalk of kale and place in a bowl.
- Pour the olive oil on the kale and massage (yes, I said massage!) the kale pieces.
- Sprinkle the salt over the kale. Spread it on the baking pan, and place it in the already 375 degree oven and bake for 10 – 15 until crispy (keep an eye on it!)
- Finally, the chickpeas! Rinse the beans well and place in a bowl. Drizzle maple syrup and sprinkle the cinnamon on top of them and give a few stirs!
- Place beans on a baking pan and roast for 20 -25 minutes.
- Once everything is finished baking/roasting/cooking assemble in bowl and add avocado slices!