After Labor Day and in West Michigan a change of weather has brought with it all the fall feels. And these burgers fit that fall vibe. Not only because they are orange (ha) but they have a comfy taste to them because they are filled with sweet potatoes. Dare I ask – what is more comforting than a potato?
Sweet Potato Ranch Chickpea BurgersCourse: Main
Good for you ingredients including a ranch seasoning make this veggie burger a great weeknight dinner idea!
1 – 15.5 oz can no salt added chickpeas
1/2 cup diced cooked sweet potatoes
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup aquafaba
3 Tblsp non dairy ranch mix (recipe below)
2 Tblsp nutritional yeast
1/3 cup gluten free panko*
2 Tblsp coconut milk powder
1 Tblsp dried parsley
1 Tblsp freeze dried chives 1 1/2 t. onion powder
1 t. garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dried dill
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- Sweet Potato Ranch Chickpea Burgers Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Drain chickpeas, reserving aquafaba from can (this is the liquid that the chickpeas are in!). Rinse well.
- Add chickpeas, sweet potato and garlic to food processor and pulse lightly. You want a mixture that is chunky but not puréed.
- Form this mixture into 5 vegan burger patties.
- In a small shallow pan, pour your aquafaba.
- In another shallow pan, combine ranch mix, nutritional yeast and panko.
- Form an assemble line with your patties and two shallow pans.
- Dip your burgers in aquafaba and then coat with your panko mix.
- Place on parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Flip burgers and bake additional 15 minutes.
- Vegan Ranch Powder:
- Combine all ingredients from coconut milk powder to marjoram in a small bowl with lid.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover and let sit for 12 – 24 hours.
- *you could sub non gluten free panko if not gluten free