Sweet Potato Taco BowlCourse: Main
Spiced with southwest flavor this taco bowl is loaded with sweet potatoes, black beans, corn, tortilla strips and guacamole.
1 Sweet Potato Chips, thinly sliced
3 – 4 Mini Sweet Peppers, sliced in half
1 cup Black Beans
½ cup Corn
1 t. Chili powder
½ t. Cumin
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
10 Corn Tortillas
3 Tblsp Olive Oil
1 t salt
½ t. Each of onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and garlic pepper
¼ of jalepeño diced (more if you like spicy!)
1 tblsp diced red onion
1 garlic clove
1/4 – 1/2 cup of loosely packed cilantro
1 ½ Tblsp Lime Juice
1/4 t salt
¼ t cumin
⅛ t pepper
Chipotle Copycat dressing from Once Upon a Chef*
Fresh lettuce of choice
- Thinly slice 1 sweet potato. Lay on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly brush each potato slice with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slice mini sweet pepper in half. Put on pan as well. Roast 20-30 min, flip potatoes after 10 minutes of baking to evenly roast both sides.
- Put your rinsed and cooked black beans into a saucepan with corn. Add a small amount of water or salsa to prevent them burning. Also add to the pan your spices.
- Cut tortillas into thin strips. Place in bowl. Add all other ingredients, mix well. Spread on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Stir frequently.
- Add salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and garlic pepper. Stir well.
- Put all ingredients from avocado to pepper in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- *sub maple syrup or agave