A bowl inside a bowl? Now that is what I am talking about! And what is not to love about a tex-mex inspired dish? And one that is healthy for you? This tex-mex spaghetti squash bowl is delicious, satisfying and good for you!
it’s southwest flavor is lick the bowl good. You will want to pile on as many toppings as you can for maximum tex – mex flavor as well. Some options for topping can include fresh salsa, guacamole and vegan cheese! Shredded lettuce would really give it a vegan taco vibe.
This Tex Mex inspired spaghetti squash bowl is delicious as is but you could fill it with our one pot Mexican red quinoa and it would be equally as delicious!
Tex-Mex Spaghetti Squash Bowl
- one medium sized spaghetti squash
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 1/2 each of red and yellow pepper (or one whole of just one color!)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Roast your spaghetti squash whole. (yes do not cut it!). Place the whole squash on a baking pan and roast in your 375 degree oven for approx 45 min. When it is finished let cool slightly before cutting off ends and then slicing down the middle. Scoop out the ‘pulp’ and seeds.*
- While squash is roasting, dice your jalapeño, peppers and red onion. Sauté veggies in skillet with small amount of oil or water sauté until tender (3 – 5 min). Add minced garlic, sauté 1 – 2 min more. Stir in black beans, corn and spices. Add lime juice and stir.
- Fill your squash with your filling, top with cilantro, guac, vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, salsa or more!