Easy tofu scramble with fresh spinach is bright, colorful and adds a touch of protein to your next vegan breakfast or plant based brunch.
Ingredients in Tofu Scramble
This tofu and spinach scramble will become your next go to easy vegan breakfast! We love making this easy scramble that contains no eggs for brunch or even brinner (breakfast dinner!).
Here are the ingredients you will need for this easy vegan scramble:
- Firm Tofu
- Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Kala namak (black salt)
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Fresh Spinach
Simple ingredients for an easy breakfast!
How to Make Skillet Tofu Scramble
For this tofu recipe, you don’t have to press your tofu, but I like too for about 20–30 minutes! Since we are adding in a splash of almond milk, just a light press is all you need.
First, press your tofu lightly to remove excess liquid. Place tofu in skillet and using a spatula break it into small pieces. Add your nutritional yeast, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder and black salt. Last, add your almond milk and stir for about 5-7 minutes to scramble and combine.
Last add your fresh spinach, stir until spinach is just wilted.
This is such a simple vegan breakfast ideas! Perfect for a busy holiday morning or a lazy weekend brunch.
How to Serve a Tofu with Spinach Breakfast
You can use this simple tofu scramble in so many different ways! Wrap it up with salsa for a vegan breakfast burrito. Serve it on toast with avocado for a protein packed avocado toast.
Leftovers of this recipe will store in the refrigerator for 3 – 5 days.
If you make this recipe, tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Easy Tofu Scramble with Spinach
- 14-16 oz package Firm Tofu
- 1 1 /2 Tblsp
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 Tblsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Lightly press tofu to remove excess water for 20 minutes or less.
- In medium sized skillet coated with cooking spray, place tofu and break into small chunks with spatula. Add in nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, black salt and almond milk.
- Stir and cook 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add in spinach, stir to combine until spinach is just wilted.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator.