Okay, two chia seed pudding posts! I know I am becoming addicted. Obsessed. And I have to admit, at first I was like hmm, this is a different texture. BUT than I ate it again. And again. And made it again. And the verdict is in, I have found a new favorite breakfast or snack item.
Why Chia Seeds?
Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 6 tablespoon Chia Seed
- 2 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- optional toppings: berry jam, hemp seeds, sliced almonds, coconut chips
- Pour unsweetened vanilla almond milk in container with lid (I like to use canning jars).
- Add Chia seeds. Add maple syrup and extract.
- If using the jar, put on lid and shake vigorously!
- Refrigerate overnight or longer. This allows the chia seeds to absorb the milk and become a thicker pudding consistency. I also like to shake the jar every few hours so the seeds don’t clump together.
- Scoop out the portion you want to consume. Top with fruit, homemade jam, granola, nuts, seeds, other superfoods (hemp hearts, cacao powder etc). I like a combo of sweet – a little fruit – and crunchy some granola and sliced almonds!