This vegan brazilian steakhouse bowl is full of meaty taste without any meat! Grilled veggies, orange spiced turmeric quinoa and chili lime spiced walnuts give this power bowl so much flavor – you will be making this all grill season long!
Ingredients in Plant Based Brazilian ‘Steakhouse’ Bowl
First things first – no cows were harmed in the making of this vegan brazilian ‘steakhouse’ plant based bowl!
This buddha style salad bowl is all vegan and plant based! It gets its rich flavor though from McCormick’s Grill Mates Brazilian Steakhouse Blend. It is all about the seasoning when it comes to a plant based bowl!
This seasoning blend is so good! A little spicy, a little peppery – lots of deep flavor going on in the blend. I love the citrus undertones of the spice mix, which pair perfectly with the orange spiced turmeric quinoa. I love spice blends as they save me so much time in the kitchen! I use these spice blends often when grilling vegetables, like in our Mesquite Grilled Vegetable Bowl!
If you cannot find this particular seasoning blend, use your favorite steak spice and add a pinch of lemon or orange zest to the vegetable marinade. Here is what you will need to make this plant based protein bowl:
- Assorted Vegetables to Grill
- McCormick’s Grill Mates Brazilian Steakhouse (or favorite steakhouse blend)
- Orange Zest
- Chili Powder
- Chili Lime Walnuts
If you follow us on Instagram you may have noticed I grill many vegetable bowls and often use a spice blend to season my veggies. Spice blends are so versatile and easy! They are a win for me because life is busy! (for all of us, right?!)
I can imagine using this Brazilian spice blend to season many future grilled vegetable bowls. So although traveling to Brazil might not be happening right now, that is where our culinary dinner protein bowl takes our taste buds today! This veg bowl with a spiced quinoa and nuts would definitely win over any of the meat lovers you know!
How to Make and Serve This Vegan Bowl
Make this Bowl
There are a few steps when you make any type of vegetable grain bowl as you need to make a grain, protein and vegetables! That is why I love to meal prep my vegan bowls.
I used a combination of brussel sprouts, bell peppers, summer squash and onion for this bowl. Because I don’t feel brussel sprouts get tender on the grill, I steam them for 3-5 minutes. If you like your brussel sprouts more crispy, you can omit that step! While my brussel sprouts are steaming, I chop the remainder of my vegetables and add to a large bag or bowl. I then season them with my spices and cover. If I am meal prepping them, I would store them in the refrigerator but if I am grilling them, I would let them marinate for 30 minutes to an hour, then grill them.
While my vegetables are grilling, I would make my chili lime walnuts and quinoa. If you have made our Taco Bowl with Jicama and Beets, you may already have these prepped as that recipe calls for them as well. These walnuts do not take more than 10 minutes to make!
For the orange turmeric spiced quinoa, you will need to make your quinoa in a saucepan then toss with orange zest and spices. This part of the recipe could also be meal prepped!
Serve this Bowl
To serve your grilled vegetable grain bowl, place fresh greens in a bowl. I love to use a heartier lettuce such as baby kale or spinach. Then top your greens with your grilled vegetables, chili lime walnuts and spiced quinoa. If you need some sauce, use the garlic tahini from our classic buddha bowl recipe!
Alternately for your vegetables, you could skewer the vegetables kabob style and serve them Brazil style over the quinoa!
Store this Bowl
Leftovers for this plant based bowl can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 – 5 days! I also store the chili lime walnuts in the refrigerator.
This dish is great for vegan meal prep! You can either prep the vegetables and grill them for dinner or prepare the whole vegan bowl and then divide evenly into meal prep storage.
I would not recommend freezing your cooked vegetables, but you could freeze the quinoa!
I hope you enjoy this plant based grilled vegetable bowl! Tag @badtothebowl on social media, we would love to know if you make it!
Vegan Brazilian ‘Steakhouse’ Bowl
- 3/4 cup green pepper , sliced
- 3/4 cup bell pepper , red, yellow or orange
- 1 red onion , sliced
- 1 yellow onion , sliced
- 1 zucchini , sliced
- 1 summer squash , sliced
- 1 portobello mushroom , sliced
- pinch garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 cup quinoa , cooked
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- chili lime walnuts
- For your grilled vegetables: Cut all pepper and onions in large chunks. Slice zucchini and summer squash. Break your corn in 2 – 3 pieces (depending on size). Wash and de-stem mushrooms. Place all vegetables in large bowl. Sprinkle with garlic salt and Brazilian seasoning. Toss with EVOO. Stir well to coat all vegetables. Prepare grill to medium – high heat and prepare grill pan. Grill on medium – high heat for 30 minutes until your desired of vegetable doneness.
- For quinoa: Place quinoa in small bowl. Toss with all spices, agave and orange zest.
- Assemble bowls: Place fresh lettuce or spinach in a bowl. Add grilled vegetables, quinoa, spiced nuts and anything else you would like in your bowl!
- I used the Brazilian steakhouse seasoning from McCormick’s. Use your favorite brand of steak seasoning.
- Walnut are optional and not included in the nutritional information.