Jump to Recipe
Broccoli Chickpea Fritters are plant based, budget friendly and a simple new dinner idea that you need to try tonight!
I love that this vegan broccoli chickpea fritter recipes uses a combo of pantry + freezer ‘fresh’ ingredients. Your family will love these simple fritters that can be topped with vegan cheese or dipped in ketchup or try them with our cilantro jalapeño sauce to really make them amazing. Ready to make some? Let’s dig in!
How to Make Broccoli Chickpea Fritters
These vegetable patties are so easy to make! They can be made quickly. They are made with a combo of vegetable and protein so you will have almost all your nutritional bases covered at dinnertime, yeah!
You probably already have the ingredients on hand to make these! You will need:
- Frozen Broccoli
- Nutritional Yeast
- Panko Breadcrumbs (gluten free if needed)
Similar to our popular, Sweet Potato and Lentil Fritters, these are made with simple ingredients allowing you to customize them how you want! Simple ingredients also means these are kid friendly, which is another bonus if you have pickier kids in the house (like mine!).
These come together quickly in one bowl and then cook quickly on a griddle. I love these for an easy dinner or lunch! Make these on the weekend for meal prep or make ahead as these are freezer friendly. To freeze just wrap the cooked vegetable fritters individually and freeze in a freezer safe container, thaw and heat up on the griddle. (they do get crumbly if you microwave them).
How to Serve Broccoli Chickpea Fritters
These veggie patties are best served warm off the griddle! You can make ahead and reheat – but I really recommend reheating on the griddle so they get crispy again.
My son enjoyed these topped with some vegan cheese and ketchup and I enjoyed in a bowl with some grilled vegetables and avocado. I had leftovers with some vegan herbed cheese, which was fantastic as well!
These veggie fritters are very versatile when it comes to serving! This recipe as is will make 6-7 larger sized fritters, smaller fritters would be great for little hands and you would get more out of the recipe!
If you make these broccoli chickpea fritters, tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Vegan Broccoli Chickpea Fritters
- 1 package steamable broccoli florets
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 2 Tblsp aquafaba (liquid from garbanzo beans)
- 3 Tblsp
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs ()
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- Steam your broccoli florets, let cool down enough to handle. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Drain garbanzo beans in mesh strainer, reserving 2 Tblsp of the aquafaba from the can. Rinse the beans well. Add to bowl.
- Mash broccoli and beans with a potato masher.
- Add in garlic, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, aquafaba and panko breadcrumbs. Stir well.
- Heat griddle or skillet to medium heat. Shape mixture into 6-7 larger sized fritters (or 8 – 10 small fritters).
- Cook 7-8 minutes each side (smaller fritters may take less time).
- Serve immediately with vegan cheese, ketchup or sauce of choice. Store in refrigerator. Can be made ahead, reheat on griddle. See notes for for freezer friendly.
Hi! How much broccoli is required? We have packets of different sizes here so an amount would be very helpful. Thanks!
You would use a smaller package, I used a 10.8 oz steam-able package of florets.