Ready for something fresh, creamy and full of flavor? Look no further than this sauce.
Oh yes, we are talking about this Vegan Cilantro Jalapeño Sauce and how much you will want to smother your vegetables with it, your salads with it and just about darn anything.
It’s creamy from cashew sour cream, bursting with fresh flavor from cilantro and then followed with some spice from the jalapeño.
Making cashew sour cream is so easy! But if you are like me and don’t have a high powered blender like a Vitamix, you will need to plan ahead and soak your cashews. I prefer overnight vs. any of the easy quick methods out there on the internet because overnight soaked cashews will blend up creamy rather than chunky which is pretty key in a sour cream. Once your cashews are soaked you blend them with apple cider vinegar and lemon juice to produce the ‘tang’ of sour cream and voila – vegan sour cream.
Once your vegan sour cream is made – you are just minutes away from this fresh, creamy vegan sauce!
Combine your sour cream, chopped jalapeño, fresh cilantro, garlic, lime and spices in a blender and you will have this delicious sauce that is perfect for topping taco bowls, eating as a chip dip or even a dipping sauce for vegetable kabobs.
Speaking of taco bowls – it would be perfect in one of these:
We would love to know what you are going to use this sauce for! Tag @badtothebowl when you make this!
Vegan Cilantro Jalapeño Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 Tblsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream*
- 1 Tblsp lime juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp each: garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin
- Make your vegan sour cream: Soak cashews overnight. Drain, Rinse and add to blender with water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt. This recipe will make 1/2 cup vegan sour cream. Blend until creamy, scraping down sides occasionally.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in blender with your just made vegan sour cream. Blend until combined.
- Serve with chips or use as a salad dressing or vegetable dip.
- Store in refrigerator.