ref="#wpzoom-recipe-card" rel="nofollow" class="wpzoom-recipe-snippet-button wp-block-wpzoom-recipe-card-block-jump-to-recipe ">Jump to Recipe
When I saw that making vegan cornbread was possible I quickly grabbed some cornmeal and started cooking! After making this recipe I shared some with my family (non-vegans) and they loved is and asked for more! This recipe is being booked as one of my favorites and did I mention is requires less than 10 ingredients? Vegan cornbread lovers raise your hands in a hip hip hooray!
This vegan cornbread would go great with some of our soups, trying pairing it with our Spicy Italian Vegetable Soup or Cannellini and Kale Soup
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 TBSP vegan butter, melted (Earth Balance is a great vegan butter brand)
- 1 cup almond milk (soy milk works also)
- **1 cup of corn kernels is a great addition to this recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients to a bowl
- Add in almond milk and vegan butter. Mix ingredients (it is best to hand mix this recipe instead of using a high speed mixer to avoid over mixing)
- Add in corn kernels if using.
- Pour batter in greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool then enjoy!