Vegan Cream Cheese Fudgy Brownie Bites are decadent, fudgy and perfect for an after dinner dessert! These brownie cream cheese bites are also gluten free and grain free, which makes them perfect for a vegan diet, Paleo lifestyle and low carb baking.
Ingredients in Vegan Cream Cheese Fudgy Brownie Bites
These cream cheese brownie mini muffin bites are rich and delicious just like a brownie should taste. They are also a grain free brownie, a gluten free dessert, egg free, and a dairy free swirled cheesecake brownie bite. The combo of brown sugar and maple syrup give these brownies a touch of sweet without being overpowering and almond butter gives them a small protein punch. With the cute dollop of vegan cream cheese, my daughter nicknamed them oreo brownies – even though they have no oreo cookies in them!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Creamy Almond Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Coconut Oil
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Flax Eggs
- Almond Flour
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese (I used Kite hill brand)
- Cane Sugar
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
I love how cocoa powder and almond butter come together in this recipe to create a rich taste and the small amount of almond flour is just enough to keep these super fudgy.
How to Make These Cheesecake Brownie Bites
While the ingredient list may look long these brownie muffin bites come together quickly!
I do recommend making these in a mini muffin pan. The brownies are so decadent, a bite or two is all you need. You may be able to make them in a 11×7 pan but I have not tried that. Let’s go over how to make these!
First, make your flax eggs. This will allow for the flax egg to ‘gel’ and get thick. Your flax egg will act as a binder in these egg free brownies.
Next, you will need to whisk together your almond butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, unsweetened applesauce and melted coconut oil. Add in your cocoa powder a small amount at a time. Then add in your vanilla, salt and flax eggs. Mix until well incorporated. Last, add in your almond flour and baking powder. Your mixture will be a gooey brownie dough!
In a small bowl make your dairy free cheesecake center. Stir together your vegan cream cheese, I used the Kite Hill brand, and your granulated sugar.
It’s time to put your brownies in the pan! Using a 1 Tblsp cookie scoop, drop the brownie dough into each mini muffin cup. Shake the pan a little to ensure that the brownie muffins are evenly distributed. Now, add in your cheesecake to each muffin. I used a 1/2 teaspoon and generously placed a dollop on each brownie bite.
Now time to bake these delicious vegan brownie bites with a creamy cheesecake center! Immediately when they are done in the oven, pop a few dairy free chocolate chips onto the cream cheese center.
How to Serve and Store Your Brownie Cream Cheese Bites
These dairy free brownie bites are very rich! I like to pair mine with a small scoop of coconut whipped cream or dairy free vanilla bean ice cream.
They are also great with a tall glass of your favorite non dairy milk!
To store these brownie bites, place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. After that, you can store them in the freezer and thaw as needed. I have crumbled these into our chocolate pudding dairy free ice cream and they are amazing.
If you can’t get enough of brownie bites, check out our Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Bites (V+GF)
If you make these brownie bites, I would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Vegan Cream Cheese Fudgy Brownie BitesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Vegan cream cheese fudgy brownie bites are rich and decadent.
- Fudgy Brownie Bites
2 flax eggs (3 Tblsp flax seed meal mixed with 6 Tblsp warm water)
¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
½ cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 Tblsp melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- Dairy Free Cheesecake Filling
½ package dairy free cream cheese (I used plain Kite Hill)
1 ½ Tblsp granulated cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray or coat with coconut oil. Here is the mini muffin pan that I use. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, light brown sugar, maple syrup, unsweetened applesauce and melted coconut oil. Whisk until combined.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Whisk in vanilla, salt and flax eggs, mixing until well incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in almond flour and baking powder until you get the consistency of soft dough or very thick batter, and no flour patches remain.
- Combine your dairy free cream cheese and granulated sugar and mix well.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop a little over 1-tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Shake the pan repeatedly, until batter is even. Next, add a 1/2 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture on top of each brownie muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Immediately top each brownie with 2-3 chocolate chips. Cool in pan for 25 – 30 minutes until completely cool.
- Using a knife, gently go around the edges of each brownie bite and release from the pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Store for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. May also be stored in freezer safe container.