These veggie fries are certainly a treat for Fry-Day or any day. We love to pair these with our vegan romesco sauce for dipping! If you are eating these eggplant fries bowl style the sauce can be drizzled on top of them. Ketchup is another good pairing… because just the word fry alone begs to be paired with ketchup! You can feel great eating these baked not fried veggie fries
This is great dish for summer to enjoy with a grilled veggie burger or even more grilled veggies. If you need some grilling inspiration, be sure to check out our top vegan grilling recipes!
These fries are easy yet they do take a little time (and mess) to put together!
You will need these ingredients to make Eggplant Fries:
After you slice your eggplant into matchsticks, you will want to create an assembly line with your ingredients. Your flour and dairy free milk will be mixed together into one bowl and then your breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast and italian seasoning will go into another bowl. Dip your eggplant fries into the bowl of flour mixture and then dip them into the crispy breadcrumbs. Place on a prepared pan and baked until eggplant is soft and breadcrumbs are toasty!
I recommend using one hand for the wet flour mixture and one hand for the breadcrumb mixture! Otherwise both hands start to be a soggy mess!
If you love fries, be sure to check out these other fries recipes: Sweet Potato Fries with Miso Maple Glaze or Extra Crispy Fries.
If you try these we would love to know. Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Vegan Eggplant Fries with Aquafaba RanchCourse: Sides
Vegan, gluten free fries made from eggplant! Served with an aquafaba ranch dipping sauce, these will take your fryday to a whole other level.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- You will need two medium sized bowls or 2 shallow pans (pie pans work great). Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or silapt mat.
- In one bowl or shallow pan add the non dairy milk and gluten free flour. In the other bowl combine your nutritional yeast, panko breadcrumbs, italian seasoning and salt. This will be your eggplant fry assembly line.
- Peel your eggplant and slice in thin matchstick strips. Dip each strip in wet flour mixture bowl then into your breadcrumb bowl. Evenly space out and place on parchment lined pan. Repeat for each eggplant strip. Bake in oven for 25 -30 minutes. (check on them after 20 minutes to test for doneness).
- Serve with Romesco Sauce or ketchup!
- I have made these with Gefen Gluten Free Cornflake Crumbs and they are equally delicious and turn out crispy like panko.