- You will love it because:
- It is fresh
- It is healthy
- It is super tasty
Vegan Quinoa Taco Lettuce WrapCourse: Main
A healthy way to eat your tacos! Wrap quinoa in lettuce and enjoy with a side of chips.
- Quinoa Taco Filling
1/2 cup tri – color quinoa
10 oz can of Rotel with Lime
3/4 cup of water
1/2 tsp of veggie buoillion
1/4 of a jalapeno diced (more if you want it spicier!)
1/4 cup each of diced red, yellow and orange pepper (if you want to just use one color that is fine too!)
1/4 cup diced sweet onion
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp each cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder
1/4 tsp each salt, oregano, smoked paprika
1/8 tsp red pepper
2 tsp of Gourmet Garden cilantro (or a Tblsp chopped fresh)
1/4 cup cooked black beans
1/4 cup fresh or frozen thawed corn kernels
Large Leaf Lettuce – Romaine, leaf or boston bibb (I used Boston Bibb)
- Combine all ingredients from quinoa to garlic clove in medium saucepan and bring to boil. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until quinoa looks popped open—revealing the germ of the kernel. I cook on a gas stove, so I always check to make sure my water has not all evaporated, so keep an eye on it – you may need to add more.
- After quinoa is done add all spices from cumin to red pepper.
- Stir in cilantro, black beans and corn.
- Give it a good stir to combine all ingredients. Enjoy right away with a large lettuce leaf, like boston or bibb or this can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator until ready to eat (store without lettuce). Can also be frozen (without lettuce) to enjoy on a busy night.