Call ’em what you want.
Vegan Slow Cooker BBQ BeansCourse: Sides
Take these BBQ beans to your next picnic! Made in your slow cookers saves time and is potluck ready.
1 – 20 oz bag of Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup Medley*
5 cups no salt added tomato sauce
3 cups water
1 large onion
1 green pepper
1 celery stalk
3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of maple syrup
1/4 cup of molasses
1/2 Tblsp liquid smoke
1/2 Tblsp smoked paprika
1/2 Tblsp paprika
4 cloves garlic
2 tsp cumin
1 Tblsp dry mustard
1 t. chili powder
2 tsp rosemary
3 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
- Soak beans overnight in water. Drain, Rinse. Prepare large crockpot for cooking – all ingredients will get dumped in here.
- Dice onion, green pepper and celery. Place beans in crockpot. Add tomato sauce and water. Add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Cook on high for 10 – 12 hours. I stirred occasionally, just to check on how tender the beans were getting. If your beans seem to be cooking fast, you should lower the temp to low setting.
- Enjoy right away! Or cool in fridge and use the next day. Or portion freeze for a meal later!
- OR use whatever mixture of dried beans are your favorite!
- I am sure you could do this without soaking! 1 pound dried beans = Up to 6 cups of cooked beans. So plan accordingly.