>I know it isn’t Tuesday….but can you blame me?
Taco Tuesday should be everyday. Tacos have always been a favorite of mine but I always felt “heavy” after chowing down. Unlike meat, cauliflower is light, healthy and fresh, the perfect addition to vegan tacos. I know what you are thinking…Cauliflower? Really? But trust me, these little florets are seasoned to perfection and are the perfect addition to any taco meal.
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- Black beans
- Taco shells (3-5)
- Refried beans
- A green pepper
- 2 stalks of a green onion
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of chili peppers (from a can works well)
- 1 tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp each Chili powder, Garlic powder, Oregano and onion powder.
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ Paprika
- A dash of pepper
- Make sure cauliflower are broke into small florets.
- Pour oil in pan and make sure it covers bottom. Put in cauliflower and mix. Raise the stove top to medium heat. Once cauliflower is a little tender, add in chili peppers and ½ tsp of salt. Let sit until crispy! **For a more tender cauliflower, pout a little bit of water into the pan and cover with a lid
- Place black beans in pan and raise to medium heat. Add in chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and onion powder. Stir and let sit until heated through.
- While everything is cooking start by chopping veggies. Place green peppers and onions in pan with cauliflower and let cook for a little bit until they are soft and a little brown. Warm up your refried beans!
- Warm up your refried beans in microwave or stovetop. They are quite good mixed in with your black beans as well!
- Additional taco add on’s include: guac, lettuce, onion, salsa, additional green onion.
- Assemble tacos: Stand up tacos and layer beans. Add on cauliflower, veggie mixture, refried beans and additional toppings.