This post may contain affiliate links, read our disclosure here.
What’s in the Veggie Bean Burger?
How to Serve Veggie Bean Burgers
I love to have mine in a bowl atop kale or fresh spinach. I love to add some roasted potatoes or squash and top it with a mixture of ketchup and mustard. Or a dijon mustard dressing – see the recipe for a quick mustard dressing that I love to make when I am in a hurry. My son loves it on a bun with a pickle and cheese. My husband and I have also used these in a taco salad bowl!
How perfect is that? Make these for a veggie bean burger tonight, throw it in a taco bowl tomorrow night, serve with roasted vegetables the next and then freeze the rest for another week.
If you make these veggie bean burgers, we would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Veggie Bean Burger BowlCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 – 15 oz. can of black beans
1 – 8 oz. package of baby bella mushrooms*
3 leafs of kale
½ of a white onion, sliced
1 garlic clove
1 Tblsp + 1 tsp montreal steak seasoning
2 tsp dried parsley
1 Tblsp. ground flax
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (gluten free if needed)
Drain and rinse beans. Wash and de-stem mushrooms*. Remove kale from stem. Slice white onion.
- Put all mushrooms, kale and onion ingredients in food processor and pulse. You will probably need to scrape sides a few times to really get ingredients processed. Add black beans last and pulse only a few times. You want some black beans to remain intact to provide texture.
- Remove mixture from processor and add to mixing bowl. Mix in remaining ingredients – garlic, ground flax, montreal seasoning and breadcrumbs. Stir well to combine.
- On lightly oiled hot griddle or skillet, form mixture into 8 even patties and cook on each side about 5-7 minutes. Don’t flip them too soon! Make sure the bottom is solid before flipping so it doesn’t fall apart.
- Build Your Bowl:
Add to your bowl fresh spinach, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, sweet potato fries, roasted potatoes, squash and ‘ your burger’. If you want an easy dressing mix a Tblsp. dijon mustard with a splash of apple cider vinegar and 1 garlic clove. Top the bowl with dressing and dig in!
Build Your Burger:
Top your bun with veggie burger, pickle, onion, vegan cheese and ketchup!
- Store in refrigerator until firm. If freezing, wrap individually in plastic wrap and put in freezer safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- *I have used white sliced mushrooms and they are great!