A Veginner’s cookbook that is perfect for vegan newbies, veg curious or even seasoned plant based veterans! This vegan veggie stir – fry with peanut butter sauce is healthy and perfect to get you started on our plant based journey.
It’s possible you may even have just run out of inspiration for making meal time exciting.
I have a way for you to get back on track.
Let’s Start at the Very Beginning
If any of you are Sound of Music fans, you will recognize this phrase. “Let’s start at the very beginning. It’s a very good place to start.” While Julia Andrews may have sung this to the Von Trapp children while teaching them the basics of music, it can apply to your journey to being plant based.
The Veginner’s Cookbook by Bianca Haun & Sascha Naderer is a very, very good place to start!
This book contains 75 + beginner friendly vegan recipes. You will also find kitchen tips, hacks on cooking grains, vegan – friendly substitute recommendations and I love Sascha’s Landmine Situations section! He has some fun tips for plant based newbies when they are in social situations that may compromise new eating habits. You will even find information on how to stock your pantry with vegan staples.
The Veginner’s Cookbook
As if the above wasn’t enough to rave about this fab book here are a few more reasons to check it out on Amazon ~ because let’s be real how fabulous do these recipes sound?
- Waffles with Warm Raspberry Sauce
- Soothing Mushroom Ramen Soup with Crispy Tofu
- Cheesy Tex Mex Wraps
- Stovetop Avocado Pizza
- Sweet Potato Hawaii Burger
- Cilantro Flatbread
- Pizza Pinwheels
- Lemon Glazed Cinnamon Rolls
- One-Ingredient Nice Cream (4 – ways!)
Want to win your own copy of The Veginner’s Cookbook? Now through February 28, register to win a copy of this exact cookbook for your very own kitchen. Just head over to our homepage and enter your first name and email address. Winner will be contacted March 1 via email if they won!
Veggie Stir-Fry with Peanut Butter Sauce + The Veginner’s Cookbook Giveaway!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 inch ginger root, minced
- 1/2 broccoli, cut in small florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hot water to thin out sauce
- 2 Tblsp peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Additional Ingredients Roasted Peanuts for garnish, crushed 2 servings cooked white rice
- In large pan, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil and cook the diced onion, minced garlic, and ginger on medium heat until translucent. Transfer the onion, garlic and ginger to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add in the broccoli and cook on low until almost soft.
- Add the cubed zucchini and eggplant to the broccoli and season with the salt to help it draw water out of the vegetables. Let them cook on medium to high heat while stirring occasionally. If they stick to the pan, add remaining olive oil.
- Once the zucchini and eggplant are soft, add the carrot, red bell pepper and shallot and let them cook for about 5 minutes until the carrot has softened. Then add in the onion, garlic and ginger and give everything a good mix. Season with more salt to taste.
- Add hot water to the peanut butter and whisk until it reaches a creamy and pourable consistency. (the amount of water you will need can vary based on the peanut butter you are using where you are storing it. Typically, 1/4 cup of hot water is needed if you store your peanut butter in the fridge. If you store your peanut butter at room temp, you may need less water.) Add the soy sauce (or amino liquids) and stir again.
- Serve the stir-fry over white rice, top with peanut butter sauce and garnish with roasted crushed peanuts.